The Program is a progressive organization committed not only to keeping pace but to staying a step ahead of western Canada’s ever-changing homebuilding industry. Think you can keep up?
We offer a competitive employment package and foster a dynamic work environment rich in opportunities for career advancement and professional development.
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program is a leader and innovator in the provision of residential home warranty services to the Alberta new home building industry. The Program was established more than 40 years ago and provides the most comprehensive new home warranty on homes built by our over 600 Builder Members. We have since expanded our products and services across western Canada with the Canadian Home Warranty Protection Program.
We feel the best companies are powered by employees who are empowered to be themselves and are encouraged to risk, learn, and grow, and are inspired to find new and better ways to move the industry forward.
We are committed to serving our customers to the highest standards and building a stronger, more sustainable business – making a positive contribution to society and shaping a company with talented employees.
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Reports to: VP, Customer Experience
The Product Manager is the voice of the customer through research and data to inform and prioritize product and service needs for The Program Group of Companies. Responsible for meeting company growth and profitability goals through product planning and execution of the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, assessing feasibility and defining the product objectives and plan to align with the company’s overall strategy and goals.
The Product Manager reports to VP Customer Experience however leads cross-functional teams to apply contemporary thinking and awareness of current market environment and regulatory landscape to product design and implementation that support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Manage in-life product performance: sales, margin, ROI and churn, conducting extensive analysis
- Identify, develop and present product solutions that exceed customer needs and support corporate strategy
- Gain a deep understanding of customer, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Project management of product integration/launches/changes
- Develop and provide competitive pricing and support analysis in partnership with Finance and Risk
- Display high levels of critical thinking in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution for new and existing products.
- Coordinate and build strong working relations with internal functions including; IT, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Education & Operations.
- Develop & conduct specialized training on new products launched and raise awareness & application of relevant subject matter.
- Monitor internal processes for efficiency and validity pre & post product launch and champion continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to develop and launch successful products
- Interact with and influence key internal and external partners; solicit feedback on company products and services
- Reflect and role model the values of The Alberta New Home Warranty Group of Companies:
- Customer Focus
- Valuing and Respecting People
- Continuous Improvement
- Empowerment and Accountability
- Actions and Decisions Based on Fact
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- 7+ years in product development, new product introduction and strategic planning
- Insurance/financial services experience preferred
- Previous brand management experience
- Strong creative problem solving, and sound analytical skills required to identify opportunities and pain-points through research, data and customer insights to improve customer experience
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to diverse audiences
- Advanced spreadsheet and numerical analysis skills: business cases, margin and cash flow analysis.
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Business case development skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management skills
- Group facilitation skills
How To Apply
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com. Please quote Product Manager in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for your interest in this role. Our HR Department will contact only those selected for an interview. Please note that only candidates permitted to work in Canada will be considered for this opportunity.